Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Fog, dark:30 & Scarecrows

     Woke up this morning to fog at last. That means the days of severe heat are gone! Yea! Please! It's October already! I am not a hot weather person. I would rather have it cold everyday than hot. I love our weather here on the coast. It ranges between 65* and 75* most of the year. Perfect. But the downside of this is that we forfeit the seasons. Without notification in the news or on a calendar we would rarely know when Autumn or Spring start. It always comes as a shock to me when the nursery puts out their selection of bulbs that need to be planted in the fall for the next spring. I have to plant some ranuculus this weekend if I have time.
     And it doesn't matter what time of year it is; I get up at 5:30 most of the year and it is dark. Dark:30. That's what I call it. I don't know where I first heard that expression but it is certainly fitting. I have never liked this. I feel like I am being robbed of sleep. If left to my own devices I usually wake up naturally about 7:30ish. and it doesn't seem to matter what time of the year it is, at 7:30ish it is light outside.
     Looking forward to this weekend. We are going to Cambria to look at Scarecrows. All of the businesses and many of the private citizens make and display scarecrows for the entire month of October. I heard about this several years ago but have never actually gone to see them. It should be a nice drive. Doug and I can stat a new book. We just finished one of Clive Cussler's and I think we are going to start Water for Elephants.

No comments:

Post a Comment