Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Elections

     Wow, I haven't blogged in a whole week. Time just flies, especially around grade posting time! I refuse to take it home to post so I am stuck spending every spare minute doing grades. But it is my choice so...
     Well, the elections have come and gone. In a way I am thankful that we don't have to listen to or watch the political ads any longer. Every commercial, really? It was reported that between the Presidential and Congressional campaigns, 6.5 billion dollars were spent in advertising. Couldn't and shouldn't that money be better spent? I can think of a ton of things to spend that much money on. And the sad part is that we really don't have anything to show for it. Our current president was reelected. Other than the title and 4 more years of work, what does he have to show for all the money he spent? Why would someone spend 2+ billion dollars to get a job that pays so little a year. I'd have to look up exactly what he makes but it isn't any where NEAR  even 1/2 billion dollars a year. Seems like such a waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment